All of our leaders and teams are unpaid and volunteer their time to support the work of the presbytery.
Moderator – Bootsie Wynne (Lexington, SC)
Vice Moderator – Allen Thompson (N.Augusta, SC)
Global Missions Team – George Brandon (Sunset Beach, NC)
Ministry Partnership Team (MPT)– Allen Thompson (N.Augusta, SC)
Nominating Team – Earl Bland (Charleston, SC)
Pastoral Ministry and Ordination Team (PMOT) – Kelly Gabriele (Myrtle Beach, SC)
Permanent Judicial Commission – Daryle Bush (Myrtle Beach, SC)
Stated Clerk – Joe Johnston (N.Augusta, SC)
Treasurer – Bob Young (Greenwood, SC)
Moderator Emeritus – Justin Lewis (Spartanburg, SC)
Church Planting Team Chair –
Descriptions of Teams
- Ministry Partnership Team (MPT) – Oversees pastoral relationships
- Permanent Judicial Commission (PJC) – Works with congregations and officers on issues regarding discipline and conflict
- Pastoral Ministry Ordination Team (PMOT) – Oversees and provides guidance for candidates considering ordination in ECO.
- Nominating Team – Works with congregations to fill present and future roles on the Leadership Council.
- Global Missions Team – Connects congregations with mission opportunities and partnerships.
- Church Planting Team – Equips present and future church planters within the presbytery.
These teams are established and organized according to the Operations Manual for the Presbytery of South Carolina. Anyone may contact the Stated Clerk if they would like an up-to-date version of this manual. See section 8.1.